Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crafting for the Busy



Sometimes the best cure for a bad day is just to do something creative. I love to fill my apartment with fun and, at times, whimsical crafts. Still, in the lives of the busy crafts can be a chore. As my workload picked up and my time for leisure dropped off, fun, handmade decorating ideas took a little extra planning. Now I keep a solid list of resources for any project I undertake and a couple of contingency plans to get things done.

If I want a specific paper project, like my lovely spring daisies, I have an easy choice called Papersource. Papersource and other fun DIY nooks across the country have a store of fun decorations and projects where the heavy lifting (aka the cutting) is already completed. Of course there is some assembly required and it’s not as cheap as cutting out a stack of white daisies from printer paper but it leaves me to enjoy the assembly and de-stress.

If I’m feeling a little more hands-on and would like to craft my own fashion I take a look at DIY websites like Honestly WTF and Apartment Therapy. These crafts may take more time and planning but they can save you a mint in the shopping department

The big lesson in creativity for the busy is to give everything time. Start a project that you won't mind working on a little bit during the meager leisure time you have and then stopping until you're free again.  After all if you're too worked up about finishing it all at once, you won't get to enjoy being creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment