Wednesday, July 18, 2012

3 Ways to Make Extra Money Over the Summer

Since I have a little extra time this summer, I started to look up ways I could earn some extra money. I found three things that have earned me money and also lets me decide when, where, and how much time to spend on them.

1. Freelancing. Depending on what your interests/areas of expertise are there are employers out there who are looking for freelancers. Sites like elance.com make complete online freelancing possible and have many categories of work to choose from. You create a profile and you bid on jobs that you’re interested in doing. I’ve been working 5 hours a week doing transcriptions for a small, independent company and I decided how much to get paid and when I get to work. It’s a great way to build up experience and network with companies.

2. Focus Groups. People will pay you to voice your opinion, how great is that? Sites like findfocusgroups.com connects you to in-person focus groups occurring in your city as well as online focus groups. Usually you do a short survey to see if you qualify for the focus group and the company contacts you if you’re a good fit. I am currently doing an online focus group that requires me to spend 30 minutes a day for 3 days responding to questions on an online forum and when I’m done, I get a $75 prepaid Visa card for my participation; awesome, right?
 
 3. Pet Sitting. If you love animals and have any experience sitting for other people, this is a great way to get some cuddle time in with animals as well as get some extra money. Sites like care.com are a great way for you to create a profile, see who needs a sitter, and apply for sitting jobs. I am in the middle of a 2 week cat sitting job for an adorable cat name Pippi; it fun, easy, profitable, and you’re helping someone else out

No comments:

Post a Comment