Thursday, July 12, 2012

Alternative Friday Nights

Last Friday night I was invited to go dancing in downtown Boston. Multicolored drinks in large plastic buckets, loud music, and close proximity to curious smelling strangers- the whole delightful experience. It had been a long week of class and work and the gym (that one time), so I wasn't exactly feeling energized. In fact, I can't remember a Friday in the past month where I felt up to going out. So I've been using Fridays to explore Boston at my leisure. Here are a few Friday night alternatives for the weary, but social:
Coolidge Corner Theatre, Brookline, MA
1. An old movie at an old theater- The Brattle Theatre in Cambridge and Coolidge Corner Theatre in Brookline are two of my favorite independent movie houses. Where else can you see Casablanca for half the price of a regular movie ticket?
2. Dinner- Possibilities are endless here, but I recommend anything Italian in the North End. I have yet to go wrong.
3. Trivia night- Hosted at Joshua Tree in Brighton, 21st Amendment in Beacon Hill, or The Tam downtown- to name a few.
The Esplanade docks, Boston, MA
4. The Esplanade- take a stroll by the Charles and relax on the Esplanade's public docks. They're perfect for relaxing with a good book or a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment