Monday, July 30, 2012

Obtain Your Desired Beach...I Mean Winter Body

Image source: jonathanrick.com
If you are like me, the Summer Olympics brings a sense of pride for our country as well as a sense of overwhelming adrenaline of wanting to get your body in shape. I mean who doesn't sit in front of the television and think about how great it would be to look like that swimmer or that gymnastics competitor? Sure it would be great to be able to spend hours at the gym each day or to pay for a gym membership, however we all know that with our busy lives, this just isn't possible, until now.
After spending nights of planning my next day down to the exact minute in order to gain time for a workout, I quickly became sick of it. It wasn't that I didn't have time to workout, it was just that the travel and cost of going to the gym was beginning to put a dent in my wallet as well as my personal life. I had thrown around the idea of spending money on programs such as P90X or the Insanity Workout, however for the price of those home workout videos, I could just pay for a gym membership. Then one day, a friend at work suggested a great idea that had never even dawned on me. Use the world of social media and free broadcast to my benefit. He suggested that I log into Youtube and search for workout routines. All I could think about was "what a great idea," however, would these workouts even be worth my time?


Image source: youtube.com
Overfilled with a sense of curiosity, I went home that evening and logged into Youtube. Sure enough, a thousand workout videos popped up on my screen. Since I had considered purchasing the Insanity Workout dvd's previously, I narrowed my search down to "Insanity Workouts." After clicking on search, I could not believe my eyes. The whole series was posted day-by-day with trainers/enthusiasts of the program conducting the daily, 45 minute routines. After realizing that I could obtain my workouts at home in half the time and at no cost, I was hooked. I highly suggest using Youtube as your new workout buddy because all you need is your computer, a space to workout in, and the motivation to continue with your workouts. No matter what workout method you prefer, yoga, pilates, etc., I guarantee that there is a workout video posted. I no longer have the excuse of not having time or money to workout. Here are a couple of workouts that I recommend:
http://youtu.be/S6i02E0hRQM
http://youtu.be/Kuy4x_viY4M

No comments:

Post a Comment